In this episode of The Do Good Business Podcast, we’re learning the dirt on the laundry industry as Sarah chats with Bernard and Angie, founders of Kind Laundry. As both business and life partners of more than 10 years, they are lucky to share the same values in life. These shared values are how they stay strong as a couple and what drives them as business partners. They are committed to living as sustainably as possible, and that includes building a company that hosts the same values.
They don’t hold back as they talk about the realities of building a conscious company with your partner. In fact, they don’t hold back about a lot of things! They talk about:
- 4:52 – The process that Bernard & Angie took with Kind Laundry to go from ideation to market using their e-commerce experience
- 8:31 – How to figure out what to focus on and what their priorities were as they were building their business and making decisions about the impact that Kind Laundry would have
- 9:40 – The dirt on the laundry industry, industry practices, labelling and ingredients
- 12:46 – How to prepare and what to research before reaching out to suppliers
- 14:50 – How their relationship works living together AND building a business together that is so rooted in their individual values
- 19:18 – How decisions get made & who has the final call
- 23:00 – Where to start if you’re thinking about starting a company with your partner
- 30:06 – The value of outsourcing and growing your team from just the two of you, and how much easier it is when you have a strong mission
Kind Laundry is a purpose-driven company whose mission is to single-use plastic polluting our oceans and landfills, while providing people with a more eco-friendly laundry cleaning solution. They keep sustainability at the centre of every single step of their business operations by offering innovative, greener and safer ways to do laundry that will keep your clothes clean and the planet happy. To learn more about them and to grab your detergent sheets, visit kindlaundry.com.