Strategy

As Featured on Vow + Vast: Why I Plan My Week Out on a Sunday

November 22, 2019

Every Sunday night, once the emails have stopped rolling in and my golden pupper Trigger is getting ready for bed, I turn on the radio, boil some water for […]

I'm Sarah!

Sarah is the founder and CEO of Rebel Office Inc. and your guide to simplifying your business model, streamlining your ops, and scaling your money-makers.

hello,

5 Ways to Sell Your Services Without Social Media

grab my free guide

Yup. We said it. 🤯

Every Sunday night, once the emails have stopped rolling in and my golden pupper Trigger is getting ready for bed, I turn on the radio, boil some water for a tea and settle into the couch with my planner.

And yes, I talk A LOT about boundaries, especially on weekends, but there is something great about sitting down and finishing off my past week by planning for the one coming up. But don’t let me just rant about it; let me tell you why:

Mondays are THE worst day.

Mondays have always gotten a bad wrap. Even for the self-employed who CHOOSE to work on Mondays. But what I discovered was, the real reason behind why I dreaded the first day of the week, that Mondays come with some serious to-do list overload.

Instead of going in blind, being bombarded with emails and calls and requests WHILE trying to figure out what your real priorities are for the day (and week), taking 10 minutes the night before to sail into the new week with a solid plan of action really takes that overwhelm away.

This leads me to…

No one’s working on Sunday night.

Thank gaaaawd. Some peace and quiet for you to actually think straight, step out of working in the day-to-day of your business and step into thinking like the boss.

As business owners, whenever there’s a problem or one of our clients needs up, we jump on it. Of course, we want to make sure they have the best possible experience and that we’re overdelivering for them. Luckily, they’re doing their own thing Sunday night, which means that you can too.

And your thing is making sure that your business is going to kick ass this coming week.

Anti-Social Seller

Stepping into #bossmode from #selfcaresunday

Another perk of doing your planning the night before a big week is because it’s normally coming after some time away from your business. That means you’ve detached and decompressed and you’re coming back into working on your business with a clear, 30,000 foot view of your business.

And can I just say: there’s nothing better than finishing off a relaxing or fun weekend with a dash of productivity and feeling like you’re checking something off that to-do list (by creating your to-do list, #winwin).

If you’re interested in the planner, the Rebel Office team and I use, check out the CanvastCo planner. It’s from Australia, is sassy (just how we like it) and undated, so you can start it at any time during the year. It’s basically our bible.

So go make your tea (or coffee, if that’s your style), settle in, get cozy, and happy planning.

You can catch the original featured article over here, on the official Vow + Vast website.

why i plan my week out on a sunday

+ show Comments

- Hide Comments

1. Suktara says:

Love these tid-bits on Sunday planning, I am a sucker for organisation so making a to-do list and planning an entire week is a must for me on Sundays!

2. Rozanne Wilds says:

Great post. I like the idea of planning weeks on Sundays. I tend to just have a rough plan in my head every week of what I need to do and then compile some daily to-do lists in the evening for the next day, but I could do with better structure than that. Seeing if I’d follow through with something like this … well, let’s just say that a whole other story.

Do you have any posts on exactly how you do your weekly planning? I’m assuming you use the CanvastCo Planner?

3. Sonia Motwani says:

That was such a wonderful one and I am so so glad to have found your blog❤️
    Keep shining, darling 🌻

4. Yamini Gautam says:

Great read! Sunday is definitely my self-care day. I’m big into Korean skincare so I can simultaneously plan my next week with a lovely facemask on 😀

• Jazmine Kongmuang says:

Oh, yaaaaas! Korean skincare is the bomb-diggity. I love it too! I always plan what time I’m going to get my planning done, then pop a hair mask in, face mask on, grab a fave drink and sit down with my planner and laptop, letting the goodness be soaked up while I’m brainstorming my week ahead. It’s such a good feeling!

5. Carolyn says:

I love this! I’m a fellow Sunday week-planner…or at least I try to be. Your post has inspired me to be more consistent 😉 Thanks!

6. Nate says:

The idea of planning out stuff on Sunday is awesome. What I really want to do is plan out a month but sometimes what makes it hard for me is that I pivot so much in my business I have to make adjustments. So I usually plan stuff out the night before and it’s been working great.

• Jazmine Kongmuang says:

Hi Nate! We appreciate you popping by and reading our article. I totally understand what you mean. I do the same thing with planning the night before. Even though it’s a little more stressful and last-minute, sometimes those plans go smoother because it’s easier to predict what going to happen tomorrow, compared to what’s going to happen in a few days or next fortnight, that hasn’t been planned. We love that this has been working for you!

7. Keri Baugh says:

This is a great post, as I really need to adopt this habit. It would really help Mondays be more productive.

8. POOVANESH PATHER says:

i love the idea of planning your week on a Sunday. That sets you up for an organized and productive week.

9. Lyosha says:

I love planning things too, it helps a lot to get more things done and be generally more prodcutive

10. The Virginia Nymph says:

I need to do this much more often than I do. Everything always goes so much more smoothly for me when I do plan things out.

Sunday would be the best day for me as well.

• Jazmine Kongmuang says:

Not gonna lie, I definitely need to make sure I’m making more time to do it as well!
      Sarah is an organizational queen that gets soooo much done. Literal #goals.

11. Celebrate Woman Today says:

Very helpful to see what others do in planning their week out. Thank you for sharing your experience.

12. Kuntala Bhattacharya says:

Your plan is good for a Sunday and with Sunday approaching tomorrow I need to gear up to it. For me, Sundays are relaxing and creating some space for myself.

13. Angela says:

I think this sounds very organised. It’s a good idea to plan your week ahead so you have targets of what to achieve.

14. Adi says:

I plan my week out on Sunday evenings too. Love to hit the ground running on Monday mornings!

15. Norma says:

Starting your week by planning everything on Sunday sounds like an awesome idea. I also use Sunday as a preparation day for a smooth week.

16. Morgan says:

Love this & totally agree! I used to be so completely overwhelmed come Monday morning and now that I plan on Sunday my week starts off so much better 🙂 great advice/insight!

17. Lyanna Soria says:

I am definitely a Sunday planner as well. I want my Sunday to be a rest day so I don’t set plans and just chill at home most of the time.

18. Bindu Thomas says:

I can’t work without a task list, but usually, it’s a daily one. Great idea to get a weekly plan done on Sunday.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse By Category

strategy

CEO

Marketing & Sales

PODCAST

lifestyle

what to read next

Grab your free Guide

5 Tasks to Automate in The Next 30 Days to Hit $5K Months (Consistently)

Grab My Guide →

Free guide

5 Tasks to Automate in The Next 30 Days to Hit $5K Months (Consistently)

I’m the founder of Rebel Office Inc. and your guide to getting shit done for a day.

I’ve been running my company for over 5 years now and have become known to my long roster of clients as a systems queen and a pro at tackling projects that impact their businesses. I’ve worked with (literally) hundreds of businesses to help them elevate, automate and step into that next level of success.

And that’s what I want for you.

Whether it’s creating a clear path forward to skyrocket you forward, building an epic funnel that runs while you sleep and sells with intention, or walks your clients through the most referral-worthy experience, let me keep you accountable, share my resources and help you cross that big To Do off the list.

hey, I'm Sarah!

Who am I to help you for a day, right?

Your destination for simplifying, streamlining and scaling for epic impact.

Home
Courses
About
Work Parties
Resources

REBEL OFFICE

© REBEL OFFICE INC. 2021  |  Template by TONIC  |  Photos by COLORJOY and HILARY SPENCER  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms

podcast