Journaling has a tonne of benefits.
It is a form of self-expression that can lift and empower people to listen to their intuition, understand their feelings, better navigate through their life’s journey, and gain clarity around their purpose. Journalling has been proven to help make vital connections between thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, in turn working to reduce the effects of mental illness.
So, do you already know what journaling is and totally love it? Me too.
Or, have you never journaled before? Me too, but like, six months ago.
Consistent journaling can drive the entrepreneurial process, create new and productive business ideas and help entrepreneurs direct their energy. It’s a habit that anyone aspiring to own a business should take up.
– Simon Slade, Special to CNBC
Without a little guidance, and some prompts to start with, I would never have started when I did. Journaling is yet another one of the magical things I wish I had known about forever ago. Whether you’re a rookie journaler or a seasoned pro, journal prompts are a great kick-starter for getting your writing juices flowing (aka tuning in to your inner voice).
The journal prompts within this post are here to help you identify your desires, what your goals should be, how to gain clarity on what you should be doing to serve your future self better, and unearth what you need to let go of to get to where you want to be.
To help you better understand which goals you should be focusing on right now, I’m going to share with you some journal prompts that have really helped me get clear on my current point in time, my next steps, what I need to do to become who I want to be, where I want to be.
I urge you to pop on your fave meditation playlist (mine is Peaceful Meditation on Spotify), turn your phone on silent for as long as you need to concentrate.
Allow yourself the space to answer the questions honestly and thoroughly, with no judgment of what comes up, just acceptance of what is.
I’d like you to focus on one goal at a time during this process; you can repeat it as many times as you desire. If you take your time during this process, I guarantee it will save you time in the future, providing you clarity on what you need to focus on to make an impact.
- What do I see myself doing and experiencing in a year?
- How about five years?
- Is this goal relevant to who I see myself being in the future?
- Am I passionate about this goal?
- Am I sure that I’ll follow through with it despite hurdles that may pop up?
- Why is this goal important to me? Is it important to others too? Why?
- Am I ready to meet this goal, or are there things I need to help me with it?
- Who could I ask for help on this journey?
- What could I be doing to enjoy the process of reaching this goal?
- How would people remember me because of the completion of this goal?
- Does that make me feel proud?
- How would I feel if I were not to reach this goal?
- How could I make sure that if I do not complete it, I see it not as a failure, but as fuel to continue my journey?
What are your views on journaling? I’d love to what your first goal that came to mind was, or what you found that you need to focus on through completing these prompts. Comment below if you’d like to share.