Marketing

Our Top 4 Prep Steps for Hosting A Successful Webinar

November 13, 2019

Webinars! How many of you #bossbabes have considered, planned out, and/or hosted a webinar before? I wonder if you found it as nerve-wracking as we did, at first that […]

Post by:

Jazmine Kongmuang

5 Ways to Sell Your Services Without Social Media

grab my free guide

Yup. We said it. 🤯

I wonder if you found it as nerve-wracking as we did, at first that is…

Well, after following our top 4 steps for hosting a successful webinar, we can assure you that you’ll be saying ‘wait… why the heck was I so nervous about this awesomeness?!’ We totally got your back, boo!

I have had the great pleasure of being able to watch and learn from the best boss ladies in the business and learn from experience with hosting a few myself. I’ve been slowing and carefully extracting the key elements of planning a successful webinar, for the most effective and stress-free play-out. We are super excited to share these tips with you!

But, before I jump into the juicy prep steps, let me share a little about what a webinar is and why you should be using them as a part of your marketing strategy.

What is a Webinar?

A webinar is a live (and usually recorded so that those that didn’t attend are still able to catch the replay) event that is carried out virtually. It is an educational or instructive session. The majority of webinars use informational slides, as well as audio and visuals, to provide an interactive experience for the attendees.

Why should I use webinars in my business?

Webinars give us the opportunity to connect with our current/potential clientele in a very personal, #nofilter kind of way.

The aim of a webinar is to help the awesome peeps that have tuned in to watch us understand why our product is valuable at all, and why they need it in their lives ASAP.

Webinars will allow your audience to place a name with a face and a voice with a name. They allow you and your audience to begin to build personal relationships and engage in real-time conversations.

The following four steps are KEY to making your webinar shine:

Setting A Goal

Babe, this should be the most natural part of your planning process. Ultimately, you already know the reaction you want to receive from your current or potential clients. This is the first thing you think about before posting any content is… What? (I’m actually curious, guys, comment below or DM us on IG!) Get clear on this goal, focus on it, and keep it in mind during the rest of the process.

Deciding On A Topic

You might have a couple of topics on the top of your tongue, ready to jump off and be put into the world, BUT, have you checked that these topics are exactly what is going to help you achieve your goals? Have you made an effort to chat to some of your audience members to get a better understanding of what they want?

You have to do that market research, babe.

Picking A Platform

There are quite a few platforms to choose from. What would you be most confident in using?

(Webinarjam – most official, Zoom – medium, Facebook or Instagram Lives – more casual)

What approach are you taking with this goal? Do you want to be dead-serious about it, dress up and drop some super significant info bombs? If so, Webinarjam might be the choice for you. If this is just a super casual ‘attend in your pyjamas if you like’ type of webinar, then Facebook or IG might be your choice this time around.

Think it over and decide what would work best for you AND your audience.

Guide - No Social

Replay or No Replay

Although letting your current/potential audience know this is their one and only chance to soak up all this info creates a sense of major urgency, we do recommend that you consider your audience in different time zones to you.

Also, if your ideal client is a mom, don’t forget to consider how hectic and unpredictable her life might be. Because I work remotely, my life can be a little unpredictable, and having a replay option for webinars I really want to catch, saves me a heap of anxiety, even though I always try my best to make it to the live event.

Whether you decide to offer a replay or not, is totally your choice, don’t stress over it too much.

But, definitely make sure you record and save each webinar you do, anyway, so that you can easily repurpose that content, or sell it later!

Our founder, Sarah Williams, has ever so graciously added a bunch of goodies onto the Rebel Office Resource Library, that walk you through how to go about hosting a successful webinar, tools, and templates to guide you through the sales, strategy and even automated email sequencing, so, if

As always, we appreciate you, and we can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this month’s topic.

Did you find the article helpful? Let us know in the comment section below.

hosting webinar

+ show Comments

- Hide Comments

1. Adriane Thompson says:

This is such an informative post! I know I’ll want to do webinars eventually when I can actually consistently get content up and have some courses available. Thank you for all the tips especially what platforms to use!

• Sarah Williams says:

So glad you enjoyed the post! And, AMAZING. Webinars are great. It never hurts to practice either, so you can always jump on in or start with a Facebook or Instagram live to tune-up your speaking skills before you’re ready for a full blown webinar!

2. Nilakshi @merakimusings says:

Though I sometimes think about doing a webinar I am super camera shy! But you have helped a lot with this post and all these great ideas! Thanks a lot for all the information.

• Sarah Williams says:

So glad you found it helpful! If you’re camera shy, you can always start with Stories, then Lives on Facebook or Instagram, and then work your way up to trainings. Webinars can be as simple or complex as you want them to be, so start simple!

3. Melody Jacob says:

These are great ideas

• Jazmine Kongmuang says:

Hey there Melody,
      Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! Are you looking into doing webinars for your business?

4. Aubri says:

I’m looking into doing a webinar in our soon. I’m excited about these tips it makes me want to start it a lot sooner.

• Jazmine Kongmuang says:

Hi Aubri!
      We are thrilled to hear you’re thinking about getting started on doing webinars! Make sure to drop us a link to your first one.
      We support you, babe!

5. Jen @ Jenron Designs says:

This is amazing information especially in the time of stories and YouTube videos are king.

6. Mira says:

I would love to do a webinar! I know how important it is for any business and for being more connected to the audience. But unfortunately, i can never find myself actually doing it, since I’m really a shy, introvert person!
    Thanks for this post, very informative, will save it definitely!

7. Searcy says:

Setting a goal is so important. You need to figure out what you wanna say before you figure out how to say it.

8. Krizzia Scollon says:

I’ve never done a webinar before but I’m considering of taking that path in a few months so this is definitely a big help!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse By Category

strategy

CEO

Marketing & Sales

PODCAST

lifestyle

what to read next

Grab your free Guide

5 Tasks to Automate in The Next 30 Days to Hit $5K Months (Consistently)

Grab My Guide →

Free guide

5 Tasks to Automate in The Next 30 Days to Hit $5K Months (Consistently)

I’m the founder of Rebel Office Inc. and your guide to getting shit done for a day.

I’ve been running my company for over 5 years now and have become known to my long roster of clients as a systems queen and a pro at tackling projects that impact their businesses. I’ve worked with (literally) hundreds of businesses to help them elevate, automate and step into that next level of success.

And that’s what I want for you.

Whether it’s creating a clear path forward to skyrocket you forward, building an epic funnel that runs while you sleep and sells with intention, or walks your clients through the most referral-worthy experience, let me keep you accountable, share my resources and help you cross that big To Do off the list.

hey, I'm Sarah!

Who am I to help you for a day, right?

Your destination for simplifying, streamlining and scaling for epic impact.

Home
Courses
About
Work Parties
Resources

REBEL OFFICE

© REBEL OFFICE INC. 2021  |  Template by TONIC  |  Photos by COLORJOY and HILARY SPENCER  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms

podcast