Lifestyle

December 9, 2018

Post by:

Sarah Williams

5 Ways to Sell Your Services Without Social Media

grab my free guide

Yup. We said it. 🤯

December is a busy time of year: gearing up for 2019, big sales and order volume for the holidays and new year, family events and friend get-togethers. But… like… you still run a business. So how do you manage it all?!

Because we know you’re super busy, we’re going to keep it quick with this post and jump on into our top 3 tips to get focused, refocus when you lose focus, and ultimately keep you on track to start 2019 strong.

#1: Plan for time off

Stress & scrambling is no bueno during the holidays, so plan ahead. Know what you have coming up: what posts need to go out, what blogs need to be published, what promotions are kicking off the new year (or closing the old one), etc. Once you are aware of everything that needs to get done, you can plan to get it done around your holiday time. We strongly recommend planning for even more time off than you think you’ll need. Life happens, so get ahead of the curve. Yes, you might have to work a little harder now, but you’ll thank us later when you’re stuffing your face with delicious holiday food.

#2: Schedule & delegate

Seems obvious, we know. But be aware of the time that you’ll need off your holiday-related things so that you can have things scheduled out or delegated beforehand. We actually just spoke all about this in Sol Studio’s article How to Take a Proper Social Media Vacation. Now that you’ve planned time off, you know exactly what needs to go out when you won’t be available. So schedule that sh*t. Taking the time to think a little further into the future now will make sure you’re still showing up consistently throughout the holidays.

Guide: 5 Tasks to Automate in the Next 30 Days to Get to $5K Months

#3: Shut it down

No, no, we’re not saying close down your business for the holidays. Though, if that’s something you want to do, feel free. It’s actually quite common, especially amongst brick & mortar shops. No, we’re talking digital things. Shut off your computer. Put your phone on silent. If there is any time of year where you deserve to take a legitimate break from being the boss, it’s during the holidays. Prioritize having a bit of fun, experiencing some of the holiday magic and really spending time with your loved ones (because they do put up with your entrepreneur lifestyle the rest of the year).

We hope these little tips help you get ready for the holidays. If we don’t speak to you before then, enjoy the season and have an absolutely magical New Year.

holidays

+ show Comments

- Hide Comments

1. Cheri Cobb says:

Very good tips. It’s so easy to fall off track during the holidays. We’re so distracted by everything else! Great post

2. Karin says:

Thanks! Shutting down my laptop is a biggie for me 🙂 Last time I did that was this summer and it felt odd the first few hours but then……woohoo me time!

3. Kimberlee says:

These are some great tips! Thank you!

4. Ej says:

Hi Sarah! I have to get better at scheduling things in advance. My goal for 2020 is to schedule out everything I want to do for my blog in 2020 by the end of this December. It’s just me so I can’t really delagate anything, but one day I will be able too! Thanks for the tips.

5. Nilakshi @ merakimusings says:

Great tips! Shutting down digital world for a while and celebrating family is really a great idea. Thanks a lot.

6. Lukas says:

Thanks for your tips, definitely have to shut down the digital stuff for a while 😉

7. Marjie Mare says:

This is exactly what I needed to read right now. Although I love the holiday season, it can be overwhelming. Thanks for sharing this.

8. Angela says:

Such good advice, Particularly, the idea about shutting off your computer for a day or two and taking a real break. We all need to take time out now and againa but when you run your business online it can be tempting to just keep going all the time.

9. Kuntala Bhattacharya says:

I loved your ideas. It is very necessary to just switch off from work and enjoy a peaceful holiday. I am going to do that in December.

10. Erin says:

Great tips! I do always find it hard to stay on track with projects and life during the holidays. Will try out some of these suggestions this year!

11. Maysz says:

Holidays is my busy days for me I have lot’s of appointment’s regarding on my work and also spend with family on Holiday would be a great idea to become productive 🙂

12. tweenselmom says:

Taking time off during the holidays is a challenge for me, because first of all, I still need to earn. But yes, we need a reminder that all work and no play, during the holidays, makes one a miserable lad.

13. Danielle says:

So many great tips here! I really have a hard time sometimes staying productive especially during the holiday season.

14. Doibedouin says:

True. And I totally agree. I am a travel blogger. And by the end of the year I kinda feel like I am traveling for blogging. I do need the break from the digital world too. And that reestablishes the true motto of traveling 😇😇😇😇

15. Melanie Frost says:

For me, this is often easier said than done. But it is really important to take personal time off without electronics and other distractions. Thank you for the reminder!

16. Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen says:

It’s so hard to stay focused during the holidays!!! Thanks for sharing your tips. It will really help a lot.

17. Dana Brillante-Peller says:

The holiday season is a tough time to stay focused, more so with family and friends visiting. These tips should come in handy.

18. Rose Ann Sales says:

Thanks for the tips. It’s perfect for me cuz holidays are kinda hustling with a mindset like mine.Lol.

19. Jayshree says:

Taking a break is a mandate whatsoever. Sometimes detaching yourself and getting lost into nowhere helps a lot. I personally need this often.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse By Category

strategy

CEO

Marketing & Sales

PODCAST

lifestyle

what to read next

Grab your free Guide

5 Tasks to Automate in The Next 30 Days to Hit $5K Months (Consistently)

Grab My Guide →

Free guide

5 Tasks to Automate in The Next 30 Days to Hit $5K Months (Consistently)

I’m the founder of Rebel Office Inc. and your guide to getting shit done for a day.

I’ve been running my company for over 5 years now and have become known to my long roster of clients as a systems queen and a pro at tackling projects that impact their businesses. I’ve worked with (literally) hundreds of businesses to help them elevate, automate and step into that next level of success.

And that’s what I want for you.

Whether it’s creating a clear path forward to skyrocket you forward, building an epic funnel that runs while you sleep and sells with intention, or walks your clients through the most referral-worthy experience, let me keep you accountable, share my resources and help you cross that big To Do off the list.

hey, I'm Sarah!

Who am I to help you for a day, right?

Your destination for simplifying, streamlining and scaling for epic impact.

Home
Courses
About
Work Parties
Resources

REBEL OFFICE

© REBEL OFFICE INC. 2021  |  Template by TONIC  |  Photos by COLORJOY and HILARY SPENCER  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms

podcast